With 1 out of every 4 online businesses being powered by Magento, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the benefits associated with this e-commerce solution are wide and highly recognized. With every contemporary online entrepreneur struggling hard to create waves in the world of business, emergence of Magento has been witnessed as a great sigh of relief. If you too are a web developer who’s thinking about leveraging the growing demand of Magento and want to create a career in Magento e-commerce development, then this is a post just for you.
Here, I’ll be offering you a list of Top 10 Magento Facts that will allow you to route your Magento development efforts in the right direction. So, without any further adieu, let’s delve into these Magento facts.
1. Magento is available in two different versions viz: Magento Community (CE) which can be downloaded and used free of cost and the other one is Magento Enterprise which can be purchased after paying a specific amount of cash. Even though Magento Enterprise has been derived from its predecessor Magento Community (CE) it is equipped with a lot more features, functionality and support.
2. Magento is a tremendously flexible e-commerce development platform. Whether it’s about product customization, shipping and handling, payment options etc., Magento offers you the controlling the content, visual appearance and functionality of your entire store via an intuitive administration interface. The agile nature of Magento makes it one of the most preferred e-commerce solution for a typical online merchant.
3. There are 5000+ Magento extensions available for Magento developers. All these extensions have one thing in common that they allow you to extend and customize your Magento store in a simple and hassle-free way. You can choose to download and install a specific extension for your Magento powered e-store. As a Magento development professional, you may also opt for creating your own Magento extension which will enable you to modify the look and feel of your Magento store in your own unique way.
4. With dozens of e-commerce stores available on the internet, it becomes tedious to bring your customers to your store for making all sorts of purchases. By choosing to power your e-store with Magento, this is no more a problem. There is a Product Alert Notification feature which updates your customers about all the details related to different products provided via the e-commerce website. This Magento feature also offers you a perfect means for understanding the needs and expectations of your customers. You’ll be able to analyze the total number of visits on specific product pages that have been incorporated into the e-commerce store.
5. Nested Static Blocks are one of the highly commendable Magento features. You can use nested static blocks for dividing the leading blocks into multiple varieties of data blocks. For instance, if you’re running a content-driven Magento website, then you might have to face issues related to updating the site’s content. It is here that you can choose to create multiple blocks in a single block, followed by arranging the contents. These created blocks can be called as a product page or a specific product category.
6. Magento has been built using the Zend framework. Hence it applies all the conventions of model-view-controller architecture and object oriented programming. This plays a vital role in ensuring clean and easy-to-maintain coding.
7. Magento is the most complete open source eCommerce solution which competes with a lot of expensive commercial offerings including Hybris, Oracle ATG and many more.
8. Magento will allow you to activate tier pricing for your products and services. That means, it will become feasible for you to convince your customers to buy a specific set of products/services at comparatively lower prices.
9. It is interesting to know that for the fourth year in a row, Magento has been successful in retaining its position as one of the most popular e-commerce platforms available in the market, with around 26% share. Plus, Magento still holds its position as a leader in the category of top busiest stores.
10. Admin Session Timeout is a Magento feature which serves as an excellent option for e-store owners who’re interested in editing the descriptions of products available in their e-store. BY adhering to a specific session timeout limit, it will become possible for you to increase the session lifetime, thereby affirming that the system won’t expire after every 60 seconds.
Now that you’re well familiar with the vital facts about Magento, I’m sure it’d become flexible for you to get on with developing your Magento powered e-commerce website/store without worrying about anything.